Thursday, October 10, 2013

Inaugural Blog


And here we go . . . .

As I become comfortable in my new world of studies and my new role as student, I am still surrounded by remnants of my former selves.
 
 This is a pencil self-portrait. I did this when I was an Illustration major
at the Philadelphia College of Art. It is filled with meaning.

 
 Just a few of the puppets from my collection. These are by Gund and from the 1950's.
Perhaps I'll devote a post to my collection.
 
 
 All together now: "Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail . . . ."
Here I am as Skippy Rabbit leading the Easter Parade in Chestnut Hill, PA.


 
I have also designed stained glass windows for churches. Working for Willets Stained Glass Studio was my best illustration job. I worked for them as a freelance artist for about two years.
 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Glenn! I did not know that you are a talented Puppeteer, an awesome stained glass designer and a great artist! How did you do your self-portrait by taking a look at the mirror? I haven't uploaded my designs yet but will do. The whimsical design is very funny and entertaining. Thanks for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you really draw that second picture? wow you are really good!
    I am so interested in art and especially drawing. currently I am taking a drawing class. I want to hear about the drawing more!:>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeeso for the kind reply. I used 2b, 4b and 6b pencils on Strathmore 25lb. It measures 18"x15". I did it in front of a mirror and left the frame of the mirror in the picture. You will probably be doing a ton of self-portraits if you go further with art. I gave this to my husband as a gift and we have it hanging in the living room next to . . . another self-portrait but that one is in charcoal. Hmmmm . . . I think I should whip out a new one.

      Delete
  3. Omg!! I love that sketch of yourself. I always wished I could draw, you hAve a wonderful talent

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude that pencil work is very good, i really like how you use lines and shades to give the piece depth and feeling. I also really like black and white it is one of my favorite mediums in art! very very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me upset of how much I sideline my life at the moment, I am very much interested in theatre and the romantical ways life can be improved with. My young child I hope will in a few years partake in plays and pirate duels, theatrical entertainment and other such things that promote imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW GLENN!!!! I haven't even read your blog yet, but just by glimpsing at it, I know that your talented! The pencil portrait and the designed stained glass are beautiful artworks. The picture within a picture concept is really interesting. Please post more of your artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Glenn,
    You've done a great job of showing how artistic and joyful of a person you are. From this I can tell reading your blog is going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete